Wednesday 4 June 2014

I love my mommy job : beating PND

Even though I'm dressed to the 9's and no where to go but the couch with a friend for tea...... This job is awesome and I am for ever grateful to be loving every minute or 3....... Oh it has it's days, I do try pull my hair out and escape to our nearest coffee shop for -a break, but time is precious.... So here we go :

Yesterday I posted on learning to smell the roses and slowing down the pace of life....... And today I write in the same context , slowing down and enjoying our kiddies.

It's a tough job, yes, one of the hardest I know , but rewarding in so many ways. 
Yes my house is always a mess, and I've become a constant cleaning lady. The clothes I wear are from way back when , my shoes are few and eating out is a thing of the past ( now it's a trip to the V&A for the vibe& ice cream), and tv - what tv?
but goodness me is it worth it. This stage won't last forever , it's a day to day phase for us to take in and appreciate .

Loving my job is waking up to cheerful little boy, begging to get out of his cot , giving me morning hugs and kisses with smelly Ellie in my face. But goodness me those sweet kisses are priceless. 

Next it's bottle making, climbing into bed with Teletubbies, Thomas, pingu or Barney. All snug and warm .
I'm no fan of the new technology and yes I will have to overcome that one day, but for now it's sand&water, messy meals, play dough, baking, outings to the park, sitting on the floor with puzzles, yes on the floor, Duplo building and endless book readings. Old school is cool. Not just a saying but so true x 


After reading some great articles recently , it's great to pick some of the best advice.
'A little snipet from a great article called "I'm done making my kid's childhood magical"

(At home we played. All the time. After school, we'd walk home from the bus stop, drop off our backpacks and my mom would push us out of the house. We ran around with the neighborhood kids until dinner. Times are different now and very few of us feel comfortable letting our kids wander, but even when we were inside, we played with our toys and video games. We made blanket forts. We watched TV. We slid down the stairs on pillows. Our parents were not responsible for entertaining us. If we dared to mutter those two words, "I'm bored," we would be handed a chore. I look back on those times and smile. I can still recall what it felt like to have carefree fun.My parents made sure we were warm and fed, and planned the occasional special activity for us (Friday night pizza was a tradition in my home), but when it came to the day-to-day, we were on our own to be kids. They rarely played with us. Apart from the random empty refrigerator box scrounged from the back of an electronics store, we weren't given toys outside of our birthdays and major holidays. Our parents were around in case we needed something or there was accident, but they were not our main source of entertainment. We constantly hear that children these days don't get enough exercise. Perhaps the most underused of all of their muscles is the imagination, as we seek desperately to find a recipe for 
something that already exists.

2014-02-09-children2.jpg

Another fantastic article: 10 common mistakes parents today make
( Mistake #5: Missing the wonder of childhood. The other day I found a Strawberry Shortcake sticker on my kitchen sink. It reminded me how blessed I am to share my home with little people.One day there won't be stickers on my sink. There won't be Barbies in my bathtub, baby dolls on my bed or Mary Poppins in the DVD player. My windows will be clear of sticky handprints, and my home will be quiet because my daughters will be hanging out with friends instead of nesting at home with me.Raising small children can be hard, monotonous work. At times it's so physically and emotionally exhausting we wish they were older to make our life easier. We're also kind of curious who they'll grow up to be. What will be their passion? Will their God-given gifts be clear? As parents we hope so, for knowing which strengths to nurture enables us to point them in the right direction. )


That's it for now. 

Happy reading and don't forget to give your child endless hugs and kisses, one important stimulant for  brain growth, security and confidence building  
And a kiss goodnight , even if they already asleep 


No comments:

Post a Comment